Patients with epilepsy or dementia require particularly dedicated care.
Every unmonitored moment can be a danger. BED recognises the slightest movements of a person sitting or lying on it; it can even detect the individual’s heart rate and breathing. If the sensor no longer detects any motion, the control unit indicates that the person has left the bed. The time lag between the person leaving the bed and the alarm notification can be individually determined, with delays of between 10 seconds and 90 minutes possible. The device distinguishes between living and non-living weights.
CHARACTERISTICS AND FUNCTIONS AT A GLANCE
- Dimensions: 310 x 630 x 10 mm
- Alarm intervals from 10 seconds to 90 minutes can be set
- Suitable for tonic-clonic seizures (epilepsy)
- Detects an individual’s absence from the bed
- Most up-to-date technology, monitors heart rate, breathing and movement
- Low false-alarm rates
- No weight restrictions
- Acoustic alarm with adjustable volume level
- Radio transmission of alarm